God's Warrior Bride

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Climbing the Ladder

Isn't it funny how we dream of things, but never use the power God has given us to bring those dreams to fruition? Do you think it is because we never knew we had the power or was it because we were afraid to use it (in case of failure)? I must admit that I have long been a dreamer of great things, but never really realized that I had the power to bring them to life. However, last Saturday I had a photo shoot at ACU and while there I saw the statue of "Jacob's Dream". I was so overwhelmed by his struggle to climb the ladder, by the angels around him and by his hand reaching to the sky. Large stones were laying on the ground around this statue and they were engraved with words like (THE LORD), (GOD) and various other things. How appropriate that it was raining while I was there. It just made the whole scene so surreal. I saw myself struggling to climb that ladder, the rain beating down on me making my climb even harder but all the while reaching toward the sky, reaching for the goal. Just then I realized that I have had the power within me all along!

To sum this all up, a few months ago I began dreaming and believing for several things and that is when my list really began. Here are the things I have the power within me to bring to fruition and by faith I will succeed:

1. My mother's health to improve - DONE

2. My brother-in-laws cancer to disappear totally

3. My photography business continue to grow

4. God to provide a place for my photography business - DONE (God gave us a free building)

5. My relationship with my son Timothy to be healed.

6. My life group to be returned this semester.

7. Remodeling my home with additions to kitchen, bathroom and extra bedroom

8. Finances to pay for remodeling without going into debt

9. Finances to pay off truck so that we can be totally debt free

10. New computer, with two monitors for photography

11. Continued favor for Doug in his business

12. A nice fall vacation with my sweet husband

13. A closer relationship with God and more understanding of His ways

14. A closer relationship with the people from KLF

I do have the power within me and I will see this list completed. Please stand in agreement with me.

5 Comments:

Blogger PRINCESS BRIDE said...

I am believing all this things will come to you. I love you Mom.

May 16, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger ericaprosser said...

I got you too. xoxoE

May 16, 2007 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger trish said...

Your sweet spirit reminds me of a violent rushing wind taking by force, yet gentle and soft. Such strength and softness- only God can temper a person's character that way. Be blessed in your list that is done.

May 17, 2007 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Blessings this day as God continues to work through that list. Only He can accomplish great things, but aren't we thrilled that He chooses to do so through us!

May 23, 2007 at 4:35 AM  
Blogger God's Warrior Bride said...

To all - Thank you all for standing in agreement with me on my list. God has been working overtime to complete my list. But that doesn't surprise me, after all I am His favorite and He loves me best of all.

May 23, 2007 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home