God's Warrior Bride

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Bridesmaid

What are the odds of being asked to be a bridesmaid at the age of 51? It must be 1,000 to 1, I'll bet. But yours truly was asked to do just that. And let me tell you - it was an experience.

First off I had to shop for a dress. I just knew it would be so easy to find a PINK bridesmaid dress right here at the end of summer and it would even be on sale, but being the everlasting bargain hunter I decided that I could find a better deal on the perfect PINK dress on E-BAY! So began the daily hunt for the perfect PINK bridesmaid dress. I was so excited to actually win the first dress I bid on. I was even more excited when I won the second pink dress I bid on. But I could no longer hold my jubilation when I also won the third dress I bid on.

I waited in anticipation for the arrival of my 3 perfect PINK bridesmaid dresses. Finally the first dress arrived and imagine my surprise to find it was a perfect size 14, except it was a children's size 14. I was a little sad but it was not a big problem, after all I only paid .99 cents for the dress. The second dress arrived a few day later and it was absolutely beautiful. The perfect color PINK, beads all in place and it had only been taken up about 2 inches in the rib cage. OMG the seller forgot to mention that one minor detail. The dress would fit anyone with a 38DDD chest and a 20" waist. Unfortunately that wasn't me. A few more days past and the third PINK dress arrived. It was just like the seller described it. Go figure! I was so excited that I stripped in the bathroom at my office and put on my newly purchased PINK bargain dress. It looked so good and it even zipped all the way. There was only one minor problem - it flatten my chest down to an A cup. I was so sad and so out of time to find a dress. So, after my sweet husband stopped laughing at me for being such a tightwad and he bought me this dress:

That's my sweet sister, Brenda next to me.


This is the love of my life!

We celebrated our 14th anniversary on September 4th!

P.S. He even bought me the silver sandals. What a man!

9 Comments:

Blogger Cherryberry said...

You are so beautiful Wendy. I just hope you didn't outshine the bride.
Now you have 4 pink dresses in so many different shapes and sizes. Maybe the granddaughters can play dressup with you.
I love you.
Missed you at church on Sunday.

September 12, 2007 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger PRINCESS BRIDE said...

Mom you look so beautiful. love you

September 12, 2007 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Beautiful, both of you!

September 12, 2007 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Lydianna Bradford said...

You looked absolutely beautiful!! And that is a great picture of you and Doug.

September 13, 2007 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger God's Warrior Bride said...

Thank you all! But, do you need a perfect PINK dress? Just thought I would ask.

September 17, 2007 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger trish said...

Wow- I am amazed. You are gorgeous! (had to say something other than beautiful)

September 17, 2007 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love husbands! Well, I mean I don't love other people's husbands like in an inappropriate way or anything. I just mean, that I love when husbands do good things. I mean, good things for their wives. Nevermind, you know what I mean.

September 25, 2007 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Brandi Wilson said...

That was SO FUNNY! When we were going to read the Purpose Driven Life for WOW I thought I would be smart and get a used book off of Amazon.com instead of payinf full price for it. I found one of there for only 49 cents. I saw the picture of it and it was just like the cover of the original. I was so pumped! I think I even bragged a little bit about my great deal!

That was until I got it in the mail. I saw the envelope and I wondered how in the world my book could be in such a small envelope. Well, my book was only 2 inches tall and 2 inches wide. It had only a few words on each page! What a deal!(Hey, at least I had my reading done before the next meeting!)

Brenda ended up buying me one after I showed her "my great deal". I guess I really did get a great deal!

Love the dress! Just like they said...You look beautiful!

October 2, 2007 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow hot momma

November 20, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home